A BHP reader recently asked: How does a neighborhood like Indian Point get a traffic light so we can exit Arrowhead Drive?”

A BHP reader responded to a recent story concerning the construction across from the Governors Club on Concord Road with the following question: 

“With the increase of traffic between Wilson Pike and Nolensville Road in recent years, how does a neighborhood like Indian Point get a traffic light so we can exit Arrowhead Drive?”

BHP turned to Brentwood City Manager Kirk Bednar who promptly responded that a signal at that location has been studied but does not meet the specific requirements set by TDOT and the city. Previous studies showed not enough exiting side traffic occurred between Arrowhead and Steeplechase to warrant a street signal.

However, Bednar said once the road improvements between Jones Parkway and Arrowhead are complete, city planners will reevaluate the intersection.

This reader question led BHP to ask: if a resident wants a road improvement, what are the proper channels to go through to have your request heard.

For this, BHP contacted Public Works Director Jeff Donegan.

“If a resident wants something like a traffic signal or stop sign, the best thing they can do is contact me. There are so many factors that go into a project like that, so the best thing they can do is call me, and I’ll look into it,” Donegan said.

Donegan noted the city website does have a section outlining the guidelines for speed humps and stop signs, but ultimately a phone call to him will have your request heard and looked into.

The City of Brentwood’s public works website can be found by clicking here.

Jeff Donegan can be reached by phone at (615) 371-008 or email

Do you want to know “What’s Up with That?” about something in the city? Let staff writer Jonathan Romeo know. Email him at

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.