PHOTO: Juice Bar Franklin is one of eight merchants participating in the Downtown Franklin Association’s Sip & Stroll event Saturday afternoon. // Photo by John McBryde
By JOHN McBRYDE
The Downtown Franklin Association has introduced a new initiative geared to help promote its various merchants in historic Franklin during the summer months when large events are few.
Several downtown businesses will be participating in Sip & Stroll Saturday from 2-4 p.m., as shoppers can stop by the sites of select merchants to enjoy nonalcoholic beverages and summer specials.
“It’s the first time the DFA has organized this kind of event, and it’s just part of our ongoing effort to highlight the uniqueness of our member businesses and what makes downtown Franklin a top destination in Williamson County,” Jill Burgin, executive director of the DFA’s Main Street program, said in an email. “While summer is a busy time for tourists here, it tends to be slow in terms of events, so we wanted to organize something easy for our member businesses to put on that would draw attention to the unique businesses downtown.
Saturday visitors can have lunch on a patio, sample different beverages and take in historic downtown Franklin’s 19th-century architecture during this summer event.
“People understand that shopping along Main Street is more than just an activity,” Burgin said. “There is something about a sense of place that being downtown offers that is different from any other shopping experience.”
The following downtown Franklin businesses are participating in Sip & Stroll:
- Gin-O Boutique, 118 Fourth Ave. S., will have lemonade and mini cupcakes. They also will have a 50% off sale rack and 20% off Ciao Milano during the event.
- Hester & Cook, 340 A Main. St., will have Sparkling Honey-Lime Red Tea and a pop-up artist, Darling Derrick, featured in their store. With the purchase of a placemat, customers will receive a free table accent, and they are offering additional discounts on select merchandise.
- Juice Bar Franklin, 232 Fifth Ave. N., is offering 25% off three Summer Smoothies: Momint in the Sun, Vitamin Sea and Summer Beet. They will also have a raffle for a healthy gift basket and two tickets to Blackberry Jam Festival.
- Posh Franklin, 231 Public Square, will have a strawberry lemonade spritzer and will offer 15% off regular priced items and an extra 25% off all sale items.
- The Purple Butterfly, 142 Second Ave. N., will serve lavender lemonade, and everything in the store will be 30% off. They will also have a raffle of a Melissa & Doug basket of toys valued at $50.
- The Registry, 347 Main St., will serve wedding punch and they will be having summer specials in store.
- Tin Cottage, 334 Main St. #100, will be serving their Piper and Leaf custom blended Hip & Historic Ice Tea. They will be offering their Franklin Tennessee tea jars at 25% off and guests can register to win a $200 Summer Gift Basket.
- Walton’s Antique Jewelry, 410 Main St., will be serving Padparadscha on Ice and offering a 10% discount on purchases during the event.