FFD Stream Valley

The Franklin Fire Department extinguished a house fire Wednesday afternoon in the Stream Valley subdivision.

Firefighters were dispatched around 1:45 p.m. to the two-story residence on Streamside Lane, according to a news release from the department.

The homeowner smelled smoke and soon discovered heavy smoke in the attic. She left the house and called 911.

Franklin Fire Marshal Andy King said the fire started in the attic and is believed to have been caused by a faulty HVAC unit.

Firefighters contained the fire to the attic. No one was injured, and King estimated damage at $5,000.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.