SPONSORED BY ELEMENTS MASSAGE
Stress often comes in waves, ebbing and flowing throughout our lives. Whether it’s a tough day at work, a bad interaction with a friend or an everyday hassle, stress can creep into your daily routine. Nobody really lives a stress-free life, but there are ways to help combat stress. Here are five ways that Elements Massage experts suggest to help you refresh.
- Take a deep breath. When you’re relaxed, your breath is long and slow. When you’re dealing with stress, your heart rate increases and your breathing speed increases as well. Deep breathing can help your brain calm down, leading to a decrease in stress.
- Get enough sleep. When you are tired, you are more irritable and agitated, which can lead to even more stress. Most adults need 7-9 hours of sleep per night.
- Volunteer at the animal shelter. Pets can make you feel better. If you don’t have a pup of your own, head to your local animal shelter and take one of the dogs for a walk. This can improve your mood in so many ways: exercise helps improve your mood, playing with dogs improves your mood and volunteering can help as well!
- Focus and be more present. Practicing mindfulness can help relieve stress. You become more aware of your body and stop focusing on the past or future. For more ways to be present, check out our latest blog.
- Book a Massage. Taking care of your body should be a top priority, especially if you are feeling stressed. Add therapeutic massage to your wellness routine to help relieve stress. To find a location near you, visit https://elementsmassage.com/massage-places-near-me.
Elements of Health is sponsored by Elements Massage. The Franklin studio is located at 539 Cool Springs Boulevard, Suite 140 Franklin, Tennessee 37067. The Brentwood studio is located at 782 Old Hickory Boulevard, Suite 113 Brentwood, TN 37027. You can contact the Franklin studio at (615) 771-0003 or visit their website here. Visit the Brentwood website here or call (615) 730- 6806.