SPONSORED BY ELEMENTS MASSAGE
Although many consider massage an extra expense or a way to treat themselves for a special occasion, massage is something that should be regularly added into your wellness plan. Massage therapy has a wide range of health benefits. Below, Elements Massage experts have compiled a list of 15 reasons to keep you coming back.
- Boost immunity. According to the American Massage Therapy Association, regular massages have been shown to make the immune system stronger. Massage therapy increases the activity level of white blood cells that work to combat viruses.
- Relieve stress. Each day, we experience more and more stressors. Massage therapy can help reduce stress hormone levels and increase serotonin and dopamine levels.
- Decrease anxiety. Massage therapy helps the body relax, allowing one to let go of anxious thoughts. Massage also helps manage fight-or-flight response, commonly active in those with anxiety.
- Improve sleep. Alleviate insomnia and improve your sleep quality. Massage therapy helps you relax and stimulates hormones that improve sleep.
- Headache relief. Massage away your headache. Most headaches are a result of high stress levels and lack of sleep. Massage therapy can help with both symptoms, and in turn, help relieve tension headaches and migraines.
- Lower blood pressure. Research has shown that massage therapy can decrease diastolic and systolic blood pressure.
- Increase range of motion. Massage therapy relaxes overworked muscles, increases circulation to joints and improves flexibility.
- Increase energy levels. Massage therapy reduces fatigue and increases energy levels by: increasing recovery, reducing pain, easing stress and anxiety and improving sleep.
- Relieve lower back pain.Opt for a non-invasive, holistic approach to lower back pain. Massage therapy can provide relief of chronic or short-term pain.
- Reduce tension. Muscles that stay in the state of contraction are unable to relax. A massage helps encourage those muscles to relax, resulting in a decrease in tension.
- It’s no secret that a massage is relaxing. It also relaxes muscle tissue and the mind. Add AromaRitual to your next massage to increase the many benefits of massage therapy.
- Help with digestive issues. Certain massage techniques can prevent peristalsis, the act of the muscles of your intestine involuntarily contracting to help the process and digestion of food. Learn more here.
- Recovery from strenuous workouts. Just like a foam roller, a full-body massage is a great way to recover faster from a tough workout.
- Reduce scar tissue. Scar tissue is broken down through massage, allowing your body to heal faster and reduce the appearance of a scar.
- Reduced muscle spasms and cramping. Massage can help relax tense muscles and swelling that causes spasms. Keep your muscles loose and increase blood flow with massage therapy.
Elements of Health is sponsored by Elements Massage. The Franklin studio is located at 539 Cool Springs Boulevard, Suite 140 Franklin, Tennessee 37067. The Brentwood studio is located at 782 Old Hickory Boulevard, Suite 113 Brentwood, TN 37027. You can contact the Franklin studio at (615) 771-0003 or visit their website here. Visit the Brentwood website here or call (615) 730- 6806.