SPONSORED BY ELEMENTS MASSAGE
What is a Swedish massage?
If you have ever had a massage, chances are it was some form of a Swedish massage. Swedish massages are the most popular massages performed today. This technique is a full-body experience designed to relax and rejuvenate. It is worldly in nature, as it combines many different practices to create a massage experience that is very therapeutic and relaxing.
What does it include?
The four common strokes of Swedish massage are:
- Effleurage – smooth, gliding strokes
- Petrissage – squeezing, rolling or kneading
- Friction – deep, circular movements
- Tapotement – short, alternating tap
What are the benefits?
Swedish massage relieves muscle tension, increases blood flow and breaks down scar tissue. If you are experiencing chronic pain, this type of massage can be an effective way to manage that pain in a natural way. Swedish massage, as well as any massage, is a great way to improve your health, both mentally and physically.
T enhance your massage session, you can add any of our specialty services. Choose from any of our premium services for increased relaxation:
- Herbal ritual – hemp-infused oil that delivers a deeper level of relaxation
- Aromaritual therapy – designed to align your body and mind through the use of essential oils
- Himalayan Salt Stone – 100% pure Himalayan pink salt, rich in 84 naturally occurring minerals that increase your sense of tranquility
- Integrative reflexology – a modality designed to ease muscular tension and improve circulation through the use of reflexology
- Hot stone – an ancient Chinese technique that soothes, relaxes and de-stresses your body
- Cupping – a traditional practice that utilizes the techniques of negative pressure
How do I book one?
Elements of Health is sponsored by Elements Massage. The Franklin studio is located at 539 Cool Springs Boulevard, Suite 140 Franklin, Tennessee 37067. The Brentwood studio is located at 782 Old Hickory Boulevard, Suite 113 Brentwood, TN 37027. You can contact the Franklin studio at (615) 771-0003 or visit their website here. Visit the Brentwood website here or call (615) 730- 6806.