By BROOKE WANSER
On Oct. 7 and 8, the Arts Council of Williamson County will hold an artists’ studio tour in Leiper’s Fork.
The tours, which will take place on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 6 p.m., will showcase local Leiper’s Fork artists in their natural element.
“To be able to tour these work spaces and speak with the artists one-on-one is a great opportunity,” Nan Zierden, president of the Arts Council of Williamson County, said in a written release. “You’ll be able to learn about their process and what it’s like to be a working artist in the community.”
On the self-driving tour, ticket-holders will begin in Leiper’s Fork and drive down country roads to the different studios in Franklin.
- Janeth McKendrick – Painter and potter, southernclay.com
- David Pickell – Potter and jeweler
- Jeni Housley – Clothing and jewelry designer, Jeni Designs
- Butler Steltemeier – Watercolor artist
- Anne Goetze – Painter and photographer, annegoetze.com
- Nathan Collie – Photographer and mixed media artist, nathancollie.com
- The Wool Sisters – Fiber artists, stripsandstrings.com
Tickets may be purchased online in advance for $15, or for $20 at the door.
All proceeds support Arts Council programming, including lectures, exhibitions and the Artist in Residency program.